Save Energy and Save Money!
- Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
- Install compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) when your older incandescent bulbs burn out.
- Unplug appliances when you’re not using them. Or, use a “smart” power strip that senses when appliances are off and cuts “phantom” or “vampire” energy use.
- Wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. As much as 85 percent of the energy used to machine wash clothes goes to heating the water.
- Use a drying rack or clothesline to save the energy otherwise used up drying your clothes.
Save water to save money!
- Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too.
- Install a low-flow showerhead. They are inexpensive, and the water and energy savings can quickly pay back your investment.
View original post 188 more words